01-03-2016 My Mobile
It is an undeniable fact that maps on smartphones are the most useful functions. With the variety of maps available in the market, Google Maps are our companion in our tough time. What makes Google Maps stand out of the crowd is the ease of use and yes of course, a blind trust on the developers. But it also has its limitations. For instance, imagine you are navigating through Google Maps in a strange city and suddenly there is a signal drop? That point of time we get to know the real meaning of getting lost. But take no tension, as the tech giant as added yet another amazing feature and has made possible to navigate without using Internet connections. Google has recently added an offline feature to Google Maps through which you can download a particular area from the map on your smartphone and can navigate without facing much of a problem. This bring us to an important question: How to use it? For this we have brought you a step-by-step guide to use Google Maps in offline mode.
1. To download an area to use offline, first open the Google Maps app on your smartphone. Make sure you are connected to the Internet, preferably via Wi-Fi.
2. Now search for a place you want to download, like New Delhi
3. A t the bottom of the app you will find the name of the place you searched.
4. Tap on the name to open the tabs which give info about the place. You will three options, namely Save, Share and Download.
5. Click on download and move the box on the next screen to area in which you want to navigate offline and press Download again.
6. N ow you will see the pop up asking to ‘Name offline area’. Assign a name and click of Save.
7. The map for the chosen area will start downloading.
After the downloading is completed you can see the offline areas in the menu. And whenever, your Internet connection is slow or absent, you will see a lightning bolt and Google Maps will use your offline areas to give you directions. But mind you, downloading maps for offline purpose should be done over a Wi-Fi otherwise, your data pack will go for toss.